Author Topic: No StatusBar  (Read 737 times)

Brian Reynolds

• View Profile
No StatusBar
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:48:16 am »
For the first time since using Windows 11 I have uses a StatusBar in the Designer.
It appears in the code when compiled but does not appear on the screen when the code is run.
Has this been experienced by anyone?

Chris Boss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No StatusBar
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:08:51 pm »
What Form properties are you using ?

Different form properties could have an effect in Windows 11 if they changed  something.

Also note that the designer does not generate the "panes" for the status bar for you. You have to add them using the EZ_SetSBParts command. It may be possible that if no panes (parts) are defined the Statusbar may not be visible on Windows 11.

Each version of Windows changes how some controls look and Windows 11 may simply change the look of the Statusbar when no panes (parts) are defined yet.

It is all about the Themes that each version of Windows uses and how it makes a specific control class look and appear.

A good example of this is the ProgressBar control. Older versions of Windows allowed the progress bar to have different colors, while later versions theme the control to only use a fixed set of colors and also make it appear 3D rather than flat.

I haven't tested the Statusbar control with different versions of Windows to see if it appears differently.

Brian Reynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 09:03:50 pm »
Chris,
I am using the default form and the properties CK.
The following is my StatusBar code:
Code: [Select]
   EZ_StatusBar %FORM1_STATUSBAR, "Left", "4"
   EZ_SetSBParts "Form1", %FORM1_STATUSBAR, 4, "25|25|25|25|"
   EZ_SetSBText "Form1", %FORM1_STATUSBAR, 1, "Left", "P"
   EZ_SetSBText "Form1", %FORM1_STATUSBAR, 2, "Right", "P"
   EZ_SetSBText "Form1", %FORM1_STATUSBAR, 3, "Top", "P"
   EZ_SetSBText "Form1", %FORM1_STATUSBAR, 4, "Foot", "P"
I am using the StatusBar as an easy way to display information tom the user.

Chris Boss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 10:38:30 pm »
The best way to diagnose the problem is to create a simple test app with just a form and the statusbar and maybe a few controls on it and see if the statusbar works as expected.

If it works on the test app then it may indicate that you are doing something different in your real app which causes the statusbar to have a problem.

Maybe some code is being executed before or shortly after the statusbar creation which causes a problem.