Author Topic: The state of the Computer Workshop as of Oct 2023 !!!  (Read 840 times)

Chris Boss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The state of the Computer Workshop as of Oct 2023 !!!
« on: October 17, 2023, 11:22:49 am »
Hello to all who have been using EZGUI.

I want to thank you for all your support and it has been a pleasure providing you with a product such as EZGUI 5.0 Professional.

As of this year (2023) I am now partially retired. So what does this mean for EZGUI and its future ?

(1) EZGUI 5.0 Professional is so feature rich that there really isn't any need for an update (unless a bug fix is released).
Powerbasic has yet to provide a 64 bit compiler so it makes little sense to work on a next gen version (if that changes it may be done)

(2) My website costs me money, but for now I can afford to handle the cost, so my forums will still be here

(3) I will continue to sell EZGUI 5.0 and provide support (via the forums) to all new and old customers. For how long I can't tell, but no need to stop it currently.

(4) Be aware that because of no updates to Powerbasic, third party addons have had minimal sales for years now and EZGUI is no exception.
I still do get sales, but it does not even cover my website costs.

(5) Now being semi-retired, I plan on changing my website to a hobby status, rather than purely 100% commercial. What does that mean ?
My website is now open to be used for any hobby projects I am working on, so the forums will likely reflect this before long. I no longer need to use it only
for commercial work. That means it won't be a write off for my business and I will bear the costs purely for my hobby use. This does free it up to be used for anything I have
an interest, which includes:

Embedded:
- Arduino
- ESP32
- Tibbo
- Raspberry PI
- an other SOC boards

Basic programming languages (other than Powerbasic)
- BASCOM AVR
- GreatCow Basic
- XOJO
- B4R (Basic for Arduino)

3D Printing

Hobby CNC
- Building my own CNC

Woodworking
- Designing jigs for tools, plans for projects and best of all using a Bandsaw sawmill (Frontier OS18)

see:  https://www.frontiersawmills.com/en_us/os18-sawmill-with-7hp-212cc-lifan-recoil-start-gas-engine

ART
- both my wife and I are casual artists and I can share stuff about our art and as well info about digital art.

Chris Boss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The state of the Computer Workshop as of Oct 2023 !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 11:49:23 am »
For those interested in purchasing EZGUI 5.0 Professional, here is the link to the order page (at BMTMicro):

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=727&PRODUCTID=7270033

Brice M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 09:30:30 pm »
- Raspberry PI

For Christmas, Wifey ordered me this Orange Pi.  I am still new to the Raspberry Pi world but really liked the looks and style of this one.  PureBasic supports Raspberry Pi.

Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 11:24:54 pm by Brice M »

Chris Gaskell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 08:56:20 am »
Good luck with being semi-retired. I'm semi-retired but the problem is I've never been busier! EZGUI is a fantastic work, and is always my go to tool. Prior to this great tool, I always hated designing forms and the like.
Wish you well.

Chris Boss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 12:33:04 pm »
It amazes me how many EZGUI users continue to be very productive with it for so long.

Feel free to post any of your experiences using EZGUI here.

EZGUI currently is being used in a number of commercial applications all over the world.